9 December 2021
Agenda Day 3
Community Session* - The experience of marginalized children
Organized by: UNICEF
Young people will share their experiences, discuss solutions and request commitments to protect marginalized groups from bullying in school.
- Kay, LGBQI+ Youth Representative from Zambia
- Maria Alexandrova, UNICEF Bulgaria Advocate for Inclusive Education
- Diliyan Manolov, UNICEF Consultant for Behavioral & Social Change (Bulgaria)
- Silsila Mahboub, Refugee from Afghanistan, UNCHR Advisory Board Member
- Doue Cesaire, Refugee, student at Catholic University College of Ghana
Community Session* - The role of girl led action in shaping adolescent policies
Organized by: CARE USA
Learn how girls’ voices inform and influence the policies that impact them in their communities and societies.
- Tapiwa Munthuli - Technical Coordinator, CARE
- Malawi Amy Ucello - Senior Youth and Reproductive Health Technical Advisor, USAID
- Désirée Lichtenstein - Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist, UNFPA
- Ellen Chigwanda - Education Advocacy Advisor, CARE USA
- Simone Yankey-Ouattara, Senior Policy Officer, Girls & Women's Education, African Union, Center for Girls and Women’s Education (AU/CIEFFA)
Community Session* - Future of youth mental health: What's participation, really?
Organized by: Orygen Global, United for Global Mental Health and UNICEF
Learn about a truly participatory approach to global youth mental health, straight from young people and those with lived experience.
Community Session* - How to start and manage a movement?
Organized by: #MoreViralThanTheVirus
Developing the capacity of young people to start their own movement and featuring initiatives started by young people affected by COVID.
- Ian SOH, Founder of #MoreViralThanTheVirus
- Michelle Shi Jie CHEW, IFRC Youth Commissioner / GYM Board Member
Community Session* - Zonta International’s commitment to ending child marriage
Organized by: Zonta International and UNICEF
Learn how Zontians are engaging locally, nationally and globally to end child marriage and hear from youth speakers.
Community Session* - I Support My Friends’ innovation sprint pilot in Lebanon
Organized by: Save the Children
Learnings from a child-centered Innovation Sprint piloted in Beirut to find viable solutions to scaling Psychological First Aid.
Community Session* - Imagining health futures in a digital age
Organized by: Governing Health Futures 2030 Commission and UNICEF
Insights about the future of health in a digital age derived from the imagination of young people and foresight experts.
- Danielle Mullings - GHFutures2030 Regional Youth Champion
- Chris Fabian – GIGA
- Aferdita Bytyqi - GHFutures2030
- Jason Gonzalez – UNICEF
- Ray Mwihaki – Author
- George Jreije – Author
- Asja Bakic - Author
Community Session* - Food Insecurity: Socio-Emotional Impacts on Children & Youth
Organized by: Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America How does food insecurity impact the socio-emotional health, development, and well-being of children and youth?
Inclusive play to drive change
Play is a right for every child and enabler of children’s learning, health and well-being. Yet children around the world are being denied this right, particularly children with disabilities. Play also drives social change, supporting the development of all children, fostering inclusive communities and creating a brighter future. Join this session to hear from children and advocates as they explore how to make play a reality for every child.
- Sara Candiracci, Associate Director, ARUP, Member of the Real Play Coalition
- Lily D. Moore, Special Olympics Champion Ambassador
- Izdihar Janna Adzly, Youth Disability Advocate
- Amy Mina, Chief Program Officer, Right to Play
- Khamiele Lawrence, Parent
- Kato Nabimaya Mark, Youth Ambassador, Uganda National Association of Deaf Blind
- David Evangelista, Regional President & MD - Europe Eurasia, Special Olympics
- Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, Deputy Executive Director, UNICEF
What’s on your mind?
The COVID-19 pandemic has raised concerns about the mental health of an entire generation. In this session, you will hear directly from young people, experts and change makers on the extent and severity of poor child and adolescent mental health worldwide and how stigma and a lack of funding prevents children and young people from accessing the support and services they need.
- Ali Amirkafi - Mental Health researcher and advocate, Iran
- Aizat Zhunusova - Illustrator, Kyrgyzstan
- Grace Gatera - Lived Experience Mental Health Advocate, Rwanda
- Mohammed Amin - Mental Health Advocate, Ghana
- Sahar Vasquez – Mental Health Advocate, Belize
- Margianta Surahman – Health and Social Justice Advocate, Indonesia
- Diliyan Manolov – PhD in Psychology, Bulgaria
- Dr Sarah Thomsen, Health Specialist, SIDA
- Gary Shaughnessy, Chair of the Board, Z Zurich Foundation
- Dr Kezevino Aram, President, Shanti Ashram
Together to #ENDviolence
In this session hosted by the End Violence Partnership, hear powerful testimonies and perspectives from children and survivors of violence who are dedicating their lives to ending it. Alongside international leaders from government and civil society, they will celebrate recent breakthroughs and outline what is needed to seize the moment and accelerate progress. The session will also launch a 'Children’s Manifesto' calling for urgent action.
- Dr. Howard Taylor, Executive Director, End Violence Partnership
- Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Board Co-Chair, End Violence Partnership
- Dr Joan Nyanyuki, Executive Director, African Child Policy Forum
- Brisa De Angelo, End Violence Champion, Bolivia
- Dr Tush Wickramanayaka, End Violence Champion, Sri Lanka
- Aysha Hammam, End Violence Champion, Nigeria
- Ikran, Youth Advocate, Kenya
- Lucky, Youth Advocate, Uganda
- Yassmin, Youth Advocate, Yemen
- Sonia, Youth Advocate, India
- Thiago, Youth Advocate, Brazil
- Hon. Betty Amongi Akena, Minister Gender, Labour & Social Development Govt. of Uganda
- Liza Soberano, Actress & Save the Children Ambassador
- Jim Fruchterman, Founder and CEO, Tech Matters
- Sauth Vong, Minister for Social Affairs, Veterans & Youth, Cambodia
- Julie Morgan MS, Deputy Minister for Social Services, Welsh Government
- Joy Phumaphi, Board Co-Chair, End Violence Partnership
- Inger Ashing, CEO Save the Children International
- Rachel Maclean MP, Minister for Safeguarding, Government of the United Kingdom
- Dr Daniela Ligiero, Executive Director and CEO, Together for Girls
No time to waste
Whilst substantial progress has been achieved in the fight against malnutrition, millions of children around the world are still experiencing wasting, the most life-threatening forms of malnutrition. This session will highlight the conditions that make children vulnerable to wasting, some of the remarkable and ground-breaking approaches to prevent, detect and treat it, and the collective efforts currently underway to make these solutions available to all children around the world.
- Laura Boateng, Youth Leader in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Marian Esiape, Area Self-Reliance and Humanitarian Manager, West Africa Regional Office, Latter-day Saint Charities
- Will Moore, Chief Executive Officer, Eleanor Crook Foundation
- Kerrie Barker, Global Forum Youth Advisory Board member
- Dr. Marko Kerac, Assoc. Prof., London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Dr. Helen Young, Research Director and Professor, Tufts University
Hear us roar
Fleeing from a warzone in a wheelchair. Championing the rights of pacific communities. Fighting to be heard in speaking up for the rights of girls and women. In this session led by the Global Forum’s Youth Advisory Board, young people from around the world speak about the difficulties they have faced - and overcome - asserting their identities and celebrate gains made to ensure that, no matter our differences, everyone has the right to be seen and heard.
- Yande, Global Forum Youth Advisory Board Member
- Nasaazi Olga Kayima, Youth and Gender Advocate
- Nujeen Mustafa, Global Forum Youth Advisory Board Member
- Selwyn Gamble, Global Forum Youth Advisory Board Member
Closing Plenary: Make it happen
Join leaders young and old to recap the Global Forum’s highlights, exchange ideas about turning intent into action and kick off a year of change for children and young people as we work together toward CY22
- Cathy Mantswe, Youth co-host
- Mayson Joacimsbarn Persson, Youth co-host
- Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, Deputy Executive Director, UNICEF
- H.E. Dr Mokgweetsi E.K. Masisi, President of the Republic of Botswana
- Olusegun Ogunsanya, CEO Airtel Africa
- Sister Sharon Eubank, Director, Latter-day Saint Charities
- Andrew Morley, President and CEO World Vision International
- Dubravka Šuica, VP European Commission in Charge of Democracy & Demography
- Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson Group
- Mary Robinson, Former President of Ireland and Chair of The Elders
- Johnny Boufarhat, Founder and CEO, Hopin
- Yandé Banda, Member, Global Forum Youth Advisory Board
- Maria Clara Cirulli, Youth activist (Brazil)
- Anne Muthoni, Global Forum Youth Advisory Board
- Ruby Chikwiri, LSE (MSc) Graduate + UNICEF Volunteer
* Community sessions are run in parallel by partners and UNICEF to dive into thematic areas, bringing together experts from government, the United Nations, international financial institutions, the private sector and civil society, as well as children and youth.